After months of preparation, our 40-foot container is on its way from Baltimore to Puerto Cortez, Honduras, carrying this year’s cargo:
- medical supplies, including a motorized OB/GYN exam table, diagnostic equipment, medicines, and surgical supplies;
- assistive devices, such as eyeglasses, wheelchairs, canes, walkers, and specialized occupational therapy equipment for the new school for children with special needs;
- books for the OCHO-sponsored clinic and school for children with special needs, and instructional materials for a middle-school English language program;
- a stained-glass window for the school, a gift from members of the Stony Run Friends Meeting;
- furniture, computers, and office needs for the clinic and school; and
- equipment and supplies for OCHO’s visit in June — anything that’s too heavy to ship by air.
This is a huge project, and we could not be more grateful to all the donors, community partners, and volunteers who made this possible!
Here’s a look at this year’s effort: